Wednesday, September 9, 2020

Football and Wagon Trains

At 11:30 that night the phone rang.


“It’s for you,” I said to Dr. Deb.


“How do you know it’s for me?” she asked.


“I’m the husband. It’s never for me.” This time it was.  My new boss had some ideas he wanted to run by me.


“Did I catch you at a bad time?” he asked. I told him I was wearing a football helmet and Dr. Deb was holding pompoms, so yes, it was a bad time. “Really?” he asked.


“No, not really,” I said, trying not to sound annoyed with the guy who would be signing my paychecks. “We were sleeping.” Without apologizing, Randy started rambling about running a recovery wagon train through urban areas.


As he rambled on, I realized Randy, with his MBA from Penn, inherited wealth, and a recognizable last name, was drunk. 


 

Today I’ll remember addiction doesn’t care who you are.


 

Fawlty Showers © 2020 by Ken Montrose

Fawlty Showers is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

·         www.greenbriartraining.com 

·         https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

·         https://www.pinterest.com/kenmontrose/mt-rose/

 

No comments:

Post a Comment