Tuesday, September 28, 2021


Fawlty Showers 2

 

Effort and Inspiration

“What happened in group?” Abigail asked.


“We talked about the slogan ‘play the tape through’,” I said “Good discussion. Everybody spoke.”


Abigail thought for a moment. “They are an interesting group. Most of them really struggle to stay sober, yet none of them has given up.”


“You know, you’re right,” I said. “Usually you have one or two people not making much of an effort. Not in this group.”


“We tend to be inspired by success,” Randy said. “Maybe we aren’t as inspired as we should be by effort.”


I thought of people I had known who’d struggled to get through school, start businesses, lose weight, quit smoking, overcome an addiction, etc.  A lot of them still struggled. I wondered if I couldn’t draw a little more inspiration from their efforts.


Today I’ll draw inspiration from other people’s efforts.

 

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

 

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

              www.greenbriartraining.com 

              https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment