Monday, September 27, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2


How am I Supposed to Feel?

Randy and Abigail came back from the funeral in surprisingly good moods.


“How was it?” I asked.


Randy said, “Odd at first. Everybody strained to say something nice about her. Then, my crazy great-uncle said, ‘Knock off the long faces. She was mean as a snake and selfish to the core.’”


Abigail said, “I was sad for her. She was an unhappy woman. But he was right. We were pretending to feel the way we thought we were supposed to feel.”


“You know, it feels good to admit you feel just the way you feel,” Randy said, smiling. “I was making myself feel bad because I didn’t feel bad about her passing. You feel me?”


I laughed, “You felt better when you stopped beating yourself up over how you thought you should feel.”


Randy nodded.


Abigail shocked me. “Let me tell you how I REALLY feel. I want to dance on her grave, then plant geraniums all over it. She hated geraniums.” She picked up a specimen cup. “I know just how I’ll water them.”


Today I won’t beat myself up over how I think I’m supposed to feel.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

 

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•             www.greenbriartraining.com 

•             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment