Wednesday, September 22, 2021


 Fawlty Showers 2


Of Coffee and Trash Pandas

I drank three cups of coffee at the meeting without really thinking about it.  I took a cup for the ride home.   It wasn’t until I brushed my teeth that I realized how wide awake I was.


“Oh no,” I said to the mirror. “I did it again.”


At 3:00 a.m. I stared at the ceiling, wondering how you’d know if tired pandas had bags under their eyes. If a raccoon lost a fistfight could you see the shiner? Were pandas or raccoons more offended by ‘trash panda’?


It wasn’t the first time I’d had way too much coffee way too late. 


The next day I wrote a note in my appointment book, set a reminder on my phone, and put another reminder in my laptop, telling me not to drink coffee at night.  I wrote ‘No Nighttime Coffee’ on my deskpad.


I thought about getting ‘No Coffee After 5:00’ tattooed on my wrist.


Experience had taught me people, including me, often underestimated how much they needed to do to change a habit.  Better to go overboard, than not do enough.

 

Today I will do more than enough to change a bad habit.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

 

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•             www.greenbriartraining.com 

•             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S 

No comments:

Post a Comment