Friday, September 3, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2


Time Takes Time

A fourth person told me she’d heard about the new synthetic drug, but wasn’t going to leave.


“I’m staying,” she said, “but I really want to leave.  It’s gnawing at me. Will I always crave every new thing that’s out there?”


“Probably not, or at least not nearly as intensely,” I said, “but it will take time. It’s like the time you need to get over the end of a relationship.”


“How much time?”


“Can’t tell you. Time takes time.”


She shook her head, but smiled. “Hate you. Hate your slogans.”


“It takes time to adjust to any change. Give it time.”


 Today I will give change the time it needs.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•             www.greenbriartraining.com 

•             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment