Monday, September 20, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2
 

Straw

When I got to my AA meeting that night Margaret the Newbie was handing Talmadge a stack of papers.  She hugged him and wiped a tear from her eye.  Talmadge smiled and she hugged him again.


“What’s that about?” I asked Stanley, glad to see he was out of the hospital.


“Taking a straw from the camel’s back,” he said. 


“What?”


“She’s a teacher. She’s working on her masters, and trying to keep up with grading papers, making lesson plans, that kinda stuff.”


I got it. “Add to that getting sober and anything more could be the straw that broke the camel’s back.”


Stanley nodded. “Talmadge offered to help her with some back taxes. One less straw she has to worry about.”


 

If I get a chance today, I’ll take a straw from the camel.


 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

 


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•             www.greenbriartraining.com 

•             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment