Wednesday, September 15, 2021

 

Fawlty Showers 2


Focus

I woke up the next day mourning the loss of my cookies. After a hot shower, I put on clean clothes. I packed myself a nice lunch from the food in the refrigerator. Got into a car I knew would run. Had a little money in my pocket for coffee.  Joked with the lady at the drive-through who knew me by name.


I talked with the night staff finishing their shift as I was starting mine. Sat in my comfortable chair. Smiled at pictures of my wife and kids, wondering how I ever got so lucky.


Dana came in and we traded insults.  She told me the Dope Without Hope and his family were out of town. I suggested she get a big box, stencil something really embarrassing on it, and leave it in on their porch as if FedEx had delivered it.  She liked the idea. Lifting someone’s mood always felt good.


Dipshitdumbass the bunny hopped into my office after she left. I put him on my lap.  I thought about all I had in my life.


“I’ve got a house, a car, a job, friends, and more,” I said to the rabbit, “No cookies is no big deal, but focusing on what I do have is a good habit for when I really lose something important.”

 

Today I’ll focus on what I do have.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

 

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

             www.greenbriartraining.com 

             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S


No comments:

Post a Comment