Tuesday, September 7, 2021

Fawlty Showers 2


The Extra Mile

The next day Randy told me the blood test results were back, the boy wasn’t his. “I’m still going to pay his tuition,” Randy said. “At least until he graduates high school.”


I was stunned. I’d wish the kid well, maybe give him some money to help with school supplies, but I wouldn’t pay his tuition. Not this semester, certainly not until he finished.


Randy read my expression, and added, “I could have been his father, just the luck of the draw that I’m not. Told you before, I can help, so I will.”


Randy was that rare person who went the extra mile or ten to help someone. I didn’t think I could go that far, but I decided I’d take a step or two in the right direction. 

 


Today I’ll help somebody, if only in a small way.

 


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

•             www.greenbriartraining.com 

•             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S
 

No comments:

Post a Comment