Thursday, September 9, 2021


 Fawlty Showers 2


Amends

Brat Boy and Blondie stayed over that night. In the morning I made a donut run.


The line at the drive through was long, and moved very slowly. The guy in front of me honked his horn. Twice. “Well that’s helpful,” I said to the steering wheel, cursing him.


When I got to the window, the kid told me the guy in front had paid for my donuts. “He asked me to tell people he was sorry, he’s having a really bad day.”


A key concept in Twelve Step recovery is making amends. Usually it involves something big, like gambling away the mortgage, stealing from work, or cheating on someone. These amends take time.


I liked that horn-honker had made quick amends for something small, something he could have easily put in his rearview mirror.


“OK,” I said to the steering wheel, “he’s still a jackass, but maybe a jackass with a little heart.”

 

If I need to today, I will make a quick amends.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

             www.greenbriartraining.com 

             https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S


No comments:

Post a Comment