Thursday, March 17, 2022

Fawlty Shower 2


 Of Mice and Men Ignoring Them

When I got home the cat was staring at something under the refrigerator, his tail twitching.  The dog was pacing back and forth beside him, yipping and growling.

“We have a mouse,” Dr. Deb said.

“Could be a ghost,” I said. “Nothing I can do about it.”

“It’s a mouse.”

“Maybe one of their toys rolled under there.”

“Catch the mouse and take it outside,” she said.

“Maybe they sense there’s something wrong with the wiring.  Let’s just see if it shorts and throws the breaker.”

Dr. Deb handed me a broom and shoe box.  She wasn’t going to let me ignore the obvious.

I thought of a guy who got three DUIs in two years and refused to believe he had a problem with alcohol. He wound up serving three years in jail.

A woman I knew hooked up with a man with four ex-wives. He had obvious issues she refused to recognize. Three years later her life was in shambles and he was gone.

I didn’t think I’d go to jail or wreck my life ignoring the mouse, but I also knew I couldn’t ignore the obvious.  Mice, like little problems ignored, tend to reproduce.

 

Today I won’t ignore the obvious.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment