Tuesday, March 29, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Pay It Backward

The next day a man who’d finished rehab six months earlier dropped by with his young son.  His wife had died of cancer and he was struggling.


The boy was fascinated by Dipshit Dumbass the bunny.  Likewise, DD took an almost immediate liking to the boy, surprising for a rabbit.


I liked having the rabbit around. Talking to DD seemed a little less odd than talking to myself or objects on my desk.


On the other hand, the kid really seemed to like DD. He’d just lost his mother.


I thought of all the people, starting with my parents, who’d sacrificed on my behalf.


With a sigh, I wrote on a tablet ‘If you want him, call me later and we’ll make arrangements.’


I showed the tablet to the man, who nodded, and mouthed ‘Thank you.’

 

Today I’ll pay them back.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment