Thursday, March 3, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Forgiveness

Margaret the Newbie sighed. We waited for her to speak.


Finally, she said, “The drama teacher nicknamed my ex ‘Baggage’ because I’m so much better off leaving him behind.” 


“The football coach said if my ex was baggage, his teenage, newly graduated, girlfriend was a Hello Kitty backpack.”


I laughed.


“The Baggage and Backpack nicknames stuck. They make jokes about it all the time. My ex is mortified and I can’t be happy about it no matter how hard I try to be.”


I was puzzled. “You want to be happy about your ex’s embarrassment, but you’re not?  What’s wrong with that?”


“I can feel bad for him because I’ve already kinda forgiven him,” Margaret said.  “Maybe too soon.”


Talmadge said, “You’ve got a forgiving heart, that’s nothing to feel bad about.”


Epiphany said, “There’s no way you’d take him back to hurt you again, so I gotta give you respect for letting it go.”  She snorted. “If I was in your shoes I’d secretly put a “Honk if You Love Hello Kitty” bumper sticker on his car.”


I thought about the people over the years who’d forgiven me, and felt a wave of gratitude.

 

Today I’ll be grateful for forgiveness.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment