Monday, March 14, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Economics, Joy, and Strange Salads

I had lunch with Blondie that day. She was teaching economics one night a week at a local college.


Her face lit up as she described her students and her class. I smiled, sharing in her joy.


“I love it,” she said with a broad smile. “I even invited Brat Boy to sit in one night.”


“And your brother didn’t think a three-hour lecture on macroeconomics was a fun way to spend an evening?”


“He’s always been a little weird,” Blondie said, munching on a prickly pear cactus, watermelon, avocado, and yak cheese salad.   


I remembered how hard she’d worked hard to get her degree. Teaching was a reward she’d earned.


“Some joy comes naturally, but a lot of life’s joys take effort up front,” I said quietly.


Blondie laughed. “You’re talking to yourself again, Dad.”  


 

Today I’ll put in the effort up front.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment