Wednesday, March 2, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Negative Energy

 “Some good came out of my dipstick boyfriend dumping me,” Margaret said, her eyes narrowing and a wicked grin forming at the corners of her mouth.


“What good?” I asked, hoping the ‘good’ didn’t involve a gun, a shovel, and some lime.


“I didn’t drink. I didn’t drop out of my masters degree program. I didn’t ask for a transfer to another school.”


“What did you do?” Talmadge asked.


“I put all that hurt and anger to good use. I went to school every day dressed up, caught up, and with a smile on my face, even when I felt like crying.”


She took a bite of her donut and added, “I was so driven I ended up getting promoted. I’m still sober, and a month from finishing my degree.  Negative energy put to good use.”

 

Today I will put my negative energy to good use.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment