Friday, March 25, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Fight

Two days later Breaker held Baby Kara as I took a photo with my phone.  I made the poster while he sat in my office, still holding the baby.


Breaker caught me looking at a bruise above his left eye.


He shrugged. “Not everyone likes me getting sober.”


I could picture the argument. Breaker tells someone he doesn’t want a beer. That someone says, ‘So now you’re too good to drink with us.’ Tempers flare, things get nasty.


Getting sober was only part of Breaker doing the right thing, turning his life around. It was a sad truth that sometimes you had to fight to do the right thing.


I was grateful most of the time, the ‘fight’ only involved following your conscience and/or not giving into peer pressure or the mob mentality.


 

Today I’ll be grateful doing the right thing isn’t any harder.


 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment