Wednesday, March 16, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 Sanity

I listened to the news on the way home.  The whole world was going crazy all at once. I waited to hear how far north the giant flying spiders had spread.


Someone texting and driving drifted into my lane, almost side-swiping me. I tapped my horn. She shot me the finger.  


 I stopped to get milk. The woman in line in front of me was throwing a tantrum because the gas station convenience store didn’t carry the battery she needed.


“And their selection of torque wrenches leaves a lot to be desired,” I joked. She was not amused.


Two little boys ran amok while their father smoked outside. They knocked over a cardboard display of energy drinks.


Their father heard the commotion, put out his cigarette, and walked into the store.


Oh, you’re in big trouble now boys, I thought. 


He threatened to sue the store.


Some days I liked to think I helped people.  Other days the best I could do was not contribute to the insanity.


That day I wouldn’t be driving drunk. I wouldn’t drive and text.


My children were both grown and unlikely to ransack a convenience store. I sent them both a text anyway, threatening horrible punishments if they misbehaved in public.


I reminded myself the world didn’t cater to my needs.

 


Today I’ll try not to contribute to the insanity.

 


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment