Friday, March 11, 2022

 

FAWLTY SHOWERS 2

Damage Undone

The next day I was standing by my filing cabinet, telling DD the bunny my thoughts on the Steeler’s QB situation, as I filed tests.


I looked up to see a young woman leaning in my doorway.


“Watching a giant talk to a bunny made me wonder if I hadn’t eaten one too many mushrooms,” she said.


I laughed. “You’re not hallucinating, but let me know if you hear the rabbit talk back. Then we’ll know you did permanent damage.”


I was joking, but I saw a pained expression cross her face.


“My father fell off a ladder and broke his back,” she said. “There’s not much they can do for him.”


“Was he drinking?”


She nodded.  “My boyfriend had a stroke at 23. He’s in a long-term care facility. The nurses know it was drug related. Some of them resent him being there.”


I winced.


“All the damage I did to my life can be undone,” she said with a sad smile.  “Not everyone is so lucky.”


At that moment I couldn’t have been more grateful for the damage I was able to undo.


 

Today I’ll be grateful for damage that could be undone.


 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment