Wednesday, March 9, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2


Look Out

We had stayed later than usual after the meeting.  Most of the cars were gone from the parking lot.  Epiphany started walking away.


“Where are you parked?” I asked. 


“Two blocks up,” she said, pointing.  Talmadge and I exchanged a look. Epiphany caught it.


“Ok, dads,” she said, “I’m a big girl. I can walk to my car all by myself.”


Neither Talmadge nor I spoke.


With an exaggerated eye roll, Epiphany said, “You two worried old fathers can watch me get safely in my car and drive away.”


That’s what we did.  Epiphany drove up to where we were standing and rolled down her window.


“Thanks for looking out for me,” she said. “Even if I don’t need you to.”


I thought of all the people who’d looked out for me over the years, grateful for their help and guidance.

 


Today I’ll be grateful for the people over the years who’ve looked out for me.

 


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment