Monday, March 28, 2022

Fawlty Showers

Coffee, Bacon, & Dad

Later that day I passed Dana’s office on my way to the kitchen for coffee.


“Hey caffiend,” she yelled, “How many cups you going to drink?”


I laughed, but Dana had made me think, how many cups had I had?


I remembered my father, sitting on the swing under our deck, face turned to the sun, savoring his coffee.


Even though my mother had passed away, he had talked about her in the present tense.


“Your mother really likes this coffee,” he’d say with a smile.  At least in his mind, my father had still enjoyed my mother’s company, long after she was gone.


“Do I smell bacon cooking?”  he’d ask, grinning from ear to ear, as if bacon was the rarest of treats.


He was a man who stopped and smelled the coffee.  I thought I’d be wise to slow down and do the same.

 

Today I’ll slow down and smell the coffee.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment