Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Time Takes Time

“I want to be as happy and put together as the speaker,” Epiphany Chaser said as we walked out of the AA meeting.  A sad look crossed her face.


I said, “Kid, you’re new at this. Give it time.”


“I know, I know, but I see how Margaret bounced back after she got dumped. I want to be that resilient.”


Margaret The Newbie smiled at Epiphany. “I didn’t do it overnight.”


“Talmadge lost his best friend and never seemed to miss a step,” Epiphany said. “I want to be that strong.”


Talmadge said, “It takes time to build up strength.”


“And Ken, I’ve heard your lead.  You were a dumpster fire.”


“I don’t know if I’d go that far,” I said.


“I mean, sad doesn’t begin to cover it,” Epiphany said, shaking her head.


“Yes, I’ve come a long way,” I said, trying to spin the conversation in a more positive direction.


“And for a man in his 70s to still shuffle into the gym every day, wow.”


 “I’m in my 60s,” I said. “Early 60s.  The point is I didn’t put my life back together overnight. It took time. Time takes time.”


Epiphany started to say something else, but I cut her off. “Time for you to go home.”

 

Today I will remember time takes time.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                    www.greenbriartraining.com  

                    https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment