Thursday, March 24, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Bikers, Toddlers, Strength and Wisdom

I heard the roar of a huge motorcycle outside my office window. Don, aka ‘Breaker,’ the enormous biker was back. 


He stopped at the front desk to talk to Katy before heading down the hall to see me.


“I got a favor to ask,” he said in a gravelly voice.


Hide a body? Smuggle a package across the border? Tell the police he was at my house all day?


He pointed to a poster I’d made. A muscular man in a sleeveless shirt held a smiling toddler.  The caption read ‘It takes true strength to put some things down. It takes wisdom to know what to pick up instead.’


“I want you to take a picture of me holding Baby Kara, and use it to make me a poster like that,” he said. “I cleared it with Katy.”


“I’d be happy to,” I said. I waited for him to speak.


“Just want a reminder,” was all he said.


 

Today I hope to be strong enough to put some things down, wise in what I pick up instead.


 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment