Wednesday, March 30, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Summer is Coming

Before he left, the man told me his life had been like March since his wife died.


 “Last Wednesday it was 65 and sunny,” he said. “We got two inches of snow over the weekend.”


I nodded. “Today we got freezing rain. Tomorrow cloudy, breezy, 55 degrees.”


“Some days I miss her, but I’m OK. Other days the world seems so cold and empty, I want to buy a bottle, sit by a river and go numb.”


“I’m glad you haven’t,” I said. “Hang in there.”


He shrugged. “I went through this when my parents died. It’s March now, but summer is coming.  There’ll still be storms, but my world will be a lot warmer and predictable.”


 

Today I’ll remember March gives way to summer.

 


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment