Monday, March 21, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Spinning

Later that night I was working on my laptop, sending out certificates to people who’d completed one of our home study courses.

I blew out a breath in frustration. Dr. Deb gave me a quizzical look.

 “I spend most of my time maintaining accreditations, following up from trainings, correcting home study tests, and getting the next series approved. Spinning my wheels.”

“So, when you’re stuck in the snow and ice, do you just keep spinning your wheels?”

 “No, you stop, put it in reverse. Try rocking the car. You get out and shovel around the tires.”

“But first, you stop,” Dr. Deb said. “Because what you’re doing isn’t getting you anywhere.”

I thought about it.  “I’m like the guy who eats too much and tries to burn it off on the treadmill.”

 “You’re like the guy who drank too much, kept messing things up, and worked harder and harder to keep from sinking.”

I laughed. “Yep, I’m might have been that guy at one time.”

Today I’ll stop spinning my wheels.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment