Monday, June 13, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Change

I ran into the young man with the mismatched shoes later that day.  He’d decided to go to a halfway house.


“What made you decide to go?” I asked.


“Saw the slogan on the wall,” he said. “If nothing changes, nothing changes.”


“Will this change things with your family? Maybe they’ll see how serious you are about recovery?”


He shrugged. “My family may never change. If things are gonna be different, I gotta change.”


Wise words, I thought. Change almost always begins with ourselves.

 

Today I know change begins with me.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment