Wednesday, June 15, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Baby Vomit

The next morning, I was feeling energized, still thinking about all the reasons I had to be grateful.  


Instead of throwing on my usual jeans and a pullover shirt, I got up early and ironed a dress shirt and pants. I shaved my four-day stubble and splashed on cologne that had been sitting on my dresser untouched for at least a decade.


When I got to work, Katy was at her desk, Baby Kara awake in her cradle next to Katy’s feet. I looked at Katy who nodded.


“Who’s the cutest?” I said to Kara, picking her up and rubbing noses.


Baby Kara, smiled, cooed, and threw up in my face.


I stood in silence for a moment, holding the baby at arm’s length. I placed her gently back in her cradle. Vomit stained my shirt. I couldn’t smell the cologne anymore.


Katy said, “Oh no!’ and started to laugh. I wiped my face with a tissue from Katy’s desk and started to laugh too.


Sometimes all you can do is laugh.

 

Today I’ll try to laugh about it, whatever it is.

 

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment