Wednesday, June 8, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 Frizzle Burgers

I got text from a colleague in New York regarding a file he’d sent me. I told him I’d read it when I finished my frizzle burger.


‘What’s a fizzle burger?’ he asked.


“Frizzle,’ I corrected. “Fried chipped ham.’


‘How do you chip a ham?’


Some people’s lack of knowledge astounded me.


‘Slice it so thin you can almost see through it.  It bunches up. You fry it until it’s just slightly burned, add cheddar cheese, burn that a little too, slap it on a bun.’


‘Why would anyone do that?’ he typed. Laughing emoji.


‘Because when you add pickles, mustard, and bell peppers it’s delicious. You should try it.’


Yuck emoji from him.


“He’s missing out on one of life’s simple pleasures,” I said to myself.  I wondered what I might be missing. “Tomorrow I’m going to try something new.”

 

Today I’ll find a new simple pleasure to enjoy.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment