Friday, June 17, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

For Example

That night Talmadge and I talked about our plans for Father’s Day.


A pause fell into the conversation. Talmadge said, “The example you set is way important than the words you say.”


I nodded, not sure where he was going with this.


 “The older your kids get, the less time you spend with them.”


“That’s true.”


 “Only so many chances to set a good example,” he added. “I got sober when my son was two. Can’t tell you how grateful I am I didn’t blow those chances, sitting in a bar somewhere.”


We both looked over at The Preacher. When he wasn’t lecturing someone at an AA meeting, he was making money.  He had a son he rarely saw.

 

Today I won’t miss a chance to set a good example.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment