Friday, June 3, 2022

FAWLTY SHOWERS 2

 

Old Dogs

“I wished I’d gotten him sooner,” Epiphany said, bending down to scratch Mojo’s belly.  “I don’t know how much time I’ll have with him.”


“When he goes, will you adopt another old dog, or get a puppy?” I asked.


Epiphany didn’t hesitate. “I’ll get another old dog.” She looked at Talmadge and me and laughed. “I discovered I have a place in my heart for old dogs.”


“And why is that, missy?” Talmadge asked, just a hint of a sneer in his voice.


“Old dogs are low maintenance, high joy.  They don’t demand much, they appreciate what you do for them, which makes you happy.  The world would be a better place if everyone was like an old dog.”



Today I’ll try to be more like an old dog, low maintenance, high joy.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment