Wednesday, June 1, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Good To See Ya’!

I went to an AA meeting that night. Margaret the Newbie was back from her relapse. I was relieved and happy to see her.


Mojo sat on the floor next to Epiphany. He wagged his tail furiously when he saw me.  


“Good to see you too, buddy,” I said, as I bent down to scratch his ear.


Drunken, self-absorbed Epiphany had annoyed me with her endless chatter. The sober, thoughtful Epiphany who stood up to hug me that night brought a smile to my face.


Talmadge handed me a donut. “I snagged the last plain one for you,” he said. “Though I gotta wonder about someone who likes his donuts without sprinkles, glaze, or icing.”


In a world never short on disagreeable people, it was nice to be surrounded by people I was always glad to see.

 

Today I’ll be grateful for those I’m always glad to see.

 


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment