Tuesday, June 14, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Granted

When I got home that night, I opened my laptop and read an email telling me someone I knew was homeless because of his addiction.


I thought about his situation, and looked more closely at mine.


Our cat jumped up onto my lap.  I said to him, “People who love me. Air-conditioned house. Food in the refrigerator. A dependable car. Clean clothes. A career. Clean conscience, ...” The list went on.


The cat purred, sharing my gratitude.


“I’m sorry for the guy, but it’s good to be reminded not to take anything for granted.”


Today I’ll take nothing for granted.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment