Monday, June 6, 2022

FAWLTY SHOWERS 2

 

Dogshit and Diamonds

The speaker was a gruff retired marine who’d gone through a rehab that used my workbooks. He recognized me from my picture on the back cover.


“I really liked something you wrote,” he said, shaking my hand.


I beamed as I waited to hear what eloquent pearls of wisdom had touched his heart.


He said, “If you were broke, and you knew there was a big diamond under a pile of dogshit, how many piles would you lift?”


Right. Of all the quotes in all the workbooks, posts, and tweets, this was the one he remembered. And I'd used a more polite term in the workbook. 


I nodded, remembering what that quote was about. “You may have to listen a lot to hear the wisdom you need.”


 

Today I’ll look for the diamond, no matter what it’s under.

 

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment