Tuesday, June 21, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

I’ll Be Dammed

Years earlier, after a hard rain, an underground stream had bubbled to the surface on the edge of our property. I couldn’t stop the flow of water any more than I could stop the flow of time.


What I could do was catch a little of both. I had dammed the stream to form a small pond. The water still flowed over the dam, but I’d captured enough to create a quiet place for the frogs, a turtle, and me.


I sat down on the patio swing with Dr. Deb. The swing was our dam. It didn’t stop the flow of time, but served as our quiet pond where we captured a little of the day.


‘Everyone needs a pond of some sort,’ I thought, ‘even if they only spend a few minutes a day there.’

 

“Today I’ll spend some time at my ‘pond.’”

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

No comments:

Post a Comment