Friday, June 24, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Maintain or Regain

I told Dr. Deb cutting the hill was getting harder every year.


“You know they make self-propelled lawnmowers,” Dr. Deb said. 


“I know,” I said.


“Then why don’t you get one?”


“Pushing the mower up the hill keeps me in shape.  Staying in shape is so much easier than getting in shape.


“Unless you die of heatstroke.”


She had a point, but I still thought fitness was just one of many things easier to maintain than to regain.

Sobriety, trust, and love sprang to mind as other things more easily maintained than regained.

 

Today I’ll maintain what’s not easily regained.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment