Monday, June 20, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Fighting the Good Fight          

I didn’t recognize the speaker at first. When I’d met him, he had been at least 50 lbs. heavier and had looked ten years younger. Loose skin hung on his face and arms.


“People say it’s the journey, not the destination,” he said, “for me it’s not the outcome, it’s the fight.”

 

 “Thanks to cancer, I’m bald, and so wrinkled my brother calls me ‘The Asian Raisin,” he said, “but I’m still fighting the good fight.”


Then he said something that made me think. Fighting the good fight was just doing the things that kept the world spinning.


“It may look like I’m just doing the day-to-day, but in a crazy world, I’m fighting for the forces of sanity and stability.”


He told us he fought to keep his kids on the right path, run a business ethically, and not feed the drug trade.     

   

As I was driving home that night, I said to the steering wheel, “I’m gonna fight the good fight. Lead an upright life, set a good example for my grown children, and maybe help some people along the way.”

 

Today I’ll fight the good fight.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment