Thursday, June 2, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2


 Smoking Weed in the Shower

“I like plain donuts because they have less sugar,” I said to Talmadge. “Same reason I drink diet pop.”


Talmadge snorted.


“What’s that expression?” he asked. “’Smoking weed in the shower’?  No candy, no glazed donuts, but three plain ones ‘cause you’re watching your sugar.”


‘Smoking weed in the shower’ described how people fooled themselves, replacing one bad habit with another, not recognizing their addictive personality.


A young man I’d worked with had told me he was done with heroin.  He planned to smoke weed, maybe just on weekends. I warned him someone with an addictive personality might struggle to do anything recreationally.


 He’d drifted into smoking every day, starting in the shower.


Epiphany laughed. “Glad I haven’t replaced my addiction with another one.”


“How many pairs of shoes have you bought since you got sober?” I asked Epiphany.


“Bite him,” she said to Mojo. He wagged his tail and rolled over on his side.

 

Today I won’t ‘smoke weed in the shower.’

 

 Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment