Monday, June 27, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Spare Any Change?

The next day the earthquake hit.


At the morning staff meeting, Randy announced Fawlty Showers was being merged with a larger agency.


While I was digesting this news at lunch, I noticed a relaxed calm settle over Abigail’s features.


“You seem happy,” I said, thinking she knew something about the merger.


“I have cancer,” Abigail said.  I didn’t know what to say. Being happy about cancer was weird even for Abigail.


That night at our AA meeting, Talmadge told me he was moving to Florida.


“The government tries to hide it,” I said to him, “but an average of ten senior citizens a day are eaten by anacondas. They live in the Everglades and sneak into retirement villages at night.”


On the drive home I reminded myself the status quo was an illusion. Something was always changing, even if the change was too slight for me to notice.


The best I could do was take stock, change what I could, and adapt.  


 

Today I will accept things change and adapt.

 

 Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment