Tuesday, June 28, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Anacondas, Idiots, Gratitude

Sitting on the couch later that night, I sent Talmadge a picture of a young man in a giant rodent costume.


‘Thinking about those anacondas in the Everglades,’ I typed.  ‘Got an idea for a side business.’


‘Selling costumes?’ Talmadge wrote.  Eye roll emoji.


‘Picture a Halloween party. Your son-in-law in this costume, drunk by the water’s edge. Hungry snake with poor eyesight swims by…’


Talmadge wrote, ‘We sell people a chance to get rid of the idiots in their lives!’ Laughing emoji.


As we texted back and forth, I laughed, but I also realized how much I was going to miss him. I thought of other people I missed.


“I try to be grateful for the time I got to spend with someone I liked enough to miss,” I said to the dog, “but it’s not always easy.”

 


Today I’ll try to be grateful for the time I got to spend with people I miss.

 


Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

No comments:

Post a Comment