Thursday, June 30, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

The Lighter Side of Life-Threatening Illness

Abigail poked her head in my office, something she never did except to complain.


Instead of her usual blouse buttoned at the neck and dress slacks, she wore jeans and a polo shirt. 


Instead of complaining, Abigail said, “I want both of you to promise you won’t walk on eggshells around me when chemo makes me sick.”


Dana got it. “You want us to joke about it like we would anything else.”


“More so,” Abigail said. “The darker the humor the better.”


I gestured at the way she was dressed. “What’s next? Daisy Dukes and a tank top?”


Instead of getting the usual disapproving look, Abigail gave me a smile and a little laugh.


“Maybe,” she said. “Just to see the look on the boss’s face.”


From that day forward Dana and I joked about Abigail’s cancer every chance we got.

 

Today I’ll try to keep my sense of humor no matter what.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.

Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment