Tuesday, June 7, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

Grease Fire

“Hey,” the speaker said, “I got one for you. Grease fire, wood fire.”


“I’m listening,” I said.


“You throw a little water on a wood fire and it goes out. Throw water on a grease fire and it spreads.”


“Alcohol is like the water?” I guessed.


He nodded. “My wife has a rough day, drinks a glass of wine, and relaxes.  She’s a wood fire.”


“You have a couple of beers and whatever problems you were having spread.”


“I’m a grease fire,” he said.  


“And the water doesn’t have to be alcohol. It could be anything that’s the wrong way to deal with a problem.”


“Gotta know what kind of fire you’re dealing with, what kind of fire you are.”


 

Today I won’t throw ‘water’ on a ‘grease fire.’


 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment