Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Fawlty Showers 2

 

Angels, Devils, Excuses

My yard looked like something out of a magazine; not Home and Gardens, more like National Geographic. Seeing a lioness chase an antelope across the backyard wouldn’t have surprised me.


The little devil appeared on my left shoulder. “Too hot to cut the grass,” he said.


“I’d think you’d be used to the heat,” I said.


“Hell’s a dry heat. This humidity is what gets you.”


I looked to my right for the angel.  A distant voice said, “I’m in the pool. Not coming out. It’s heaven.”


“Do you need a better excuse?” The little devil asked before disappearing.


The heat felt like half excuse/half good reason not to cut the grass.


“The trouble,” I said to the lawnmower as I pulled the starter cord, “is that using one excuse makes using the next a little easier.”  

 

Today I won’t use excuses.

 

Fawlty Showers 2 is a work of fiction. Any similarity between the characters and anyone you might know is purely coincidental.


Other works by Ken Montrose are available at:

                     www.greenbriartraining.com  

                     https://www.amazon.com/-/e/B001K8MG0S

 

#addictionawareness #dailymessage #inspiration #odaat #recoveryposse #recoveryispossible


No comments:

Post a Comment